CQATest or Certified Quality Auditor app is designed primarily for Android and Motorola devices to make sure the system is working fine. This app stores all the system data and diagnoses it to make sure the updates are making the Android work better.
Yet, some recent reports have suggested that the presence of this app in the phone can provide users with interrupted hardware like unresponsive cameras, inactive sensors, and a stuck lock screen.
Wondering whether the presence of the CQATest app on your phone is dangerous? Is uninstalling the CQATest app safe? Can you force-stop this app? Should you remove this app from Android? How can you fix some common issues that are caused by this app?
Well, to answer all your queries, I am here with this detailed CQATest app guide that tells you everything from its working to purpose, usage, common issues, and how you can fix them. So, don’t waste more time, and let’s get in as I have so much to explain to you guys.
What is the CQATest App? What is this App Used For?
In simple words, the CQATest, also known as the Certified Quality Auditor app is a developer’s app that allows the creator to have operational control over the phone.
This gives the system access to the creator, so they can update the important data and status of your device. This information is specific to the system of the phone and doesn’t include the personal items of the user.
Most renowned manufacturers like Samsung, Huawei, and Motorola use this app to receive regular updates and status reports of the phone to make sure everything is working fine. The sole purpose of this app is to keep the system working smoothly, without any interruption.
It primarily monitors the health of the OS (the operating system) as well as hardware elements like the camera, microphone, sensors, and other built-in features of your specific device like your cell phone.
If you are still confused what the video given below:
What Does This App Do?
For the most part, this application is pre-installed on smartphones and is working on its own, without bothering users with anything at all. In most cases, this app is hidden intentionally from the user.
In simple words, the fact that it is functioning quietly means the creator has complete access to your phone and it is keeping the functional data stored for the operationalization of the smartphone.
How it works is that it collects all the information from the system and passes it on to the developers. If anything is wrong, it also notifies the user, so they can further command to take action against the malfunctioned feature. This testing is also known as Alpha testing.
It is done by the internal team of the manufacturers. Another variant of this testing is Beta testing which is done at a commercial level to make sure the system is updated and functioning properly.
Pro Guidance: Learn How to Cancel your Truebill.
How Did You End Up Having CQATest App On Your Device?
You must be wondering how this app came into your phone. First of all, given that it is a diagnostic app that is designed to keep your phone smooth in functionality and is a system built-in app, it won’t be visible to users in the app section.
Hence, by nature, it would be hidden and would only be seen in the system app section. However, if it is visible on the app section on your phone, there must be something wrong with the app setting and it can result in you ending up with the above-mentioned issues.
How Often Does the CQATest Software Appear?
To understand this, you first need to know the working of this software. As I have mentioned earlier, this app is designed to run silently in the background, so that the system of your phone is working smoothly. Hence, it appears every now and then, without even letting users know of its presence.
However, if you notice it in the app section and it is there for quite some time, there must be issues with the app. In this case, you need to evaluate the performance of your hardware like the camera, mic, and sensors.
Is the CQATest App Harmful to Your Device?
The simple answer to this question is no, you don’t have to worry about the CQATest app as it is not malicious and doesn’t harm your device. While you are using the smartphone, there is a high chance that you won’t even see this in the app section.
And even if you do see it, it doesn’t do anything other than store the systemic information of the device for diagnosis and analysis purposes.
Is CQATest App a Virus?
Although there is a misconception among many users that the CQATest app is a virus, there is absolutely no truth to it. It may cause some issues in the performance of the phone, there is no chance that it will end up infecting your phone’s system.
On the contrary, it is a testing module that helps developers and creators improve the performance of your phone. So, there is no need to panic at all and for the most part, you are safe from potential virus attacks, even if this app is visible.
Pro Guidance: If you are worried about your security then feel free to visit our article on how to make your phone impossible to track.
What are the Common Issues You Should Be Aware of?
That being said, it is important to address that recently, some users have reported issues that might concern you. These issues range from bugs to glitches, and even sudden appearances that seem to hinder the performance of the mobile.
Well, there is no apparent reason as to why this is happening as the app was designed to store the memory in the first place and not to create unnecessary bugs in the system. Here are some common issues you might face because of this application;
- The device may not respond properly.
- There might be a glitch in the notification panel.
- Some recently downloaded apps are not working fine.
- The camera is not responding well.
- The lock screen gets stuck.
- The phone heats up really quickly.
- The battery life is not up-to-the-mark.
- Incoming calls are not visible to the user.
- The storage seems to be running out and the background apps are consuming more energy than usual.
- Overall, you might face some performance issues.
1. Should You Remove the CQATest App?
Well, it all comes down to the presence of this app on your phone. For instance, for some users, it is not creating any of the above-mentioned issues, so there is no need to remove this.
If you can see this app on your phone and have not observed any glitches in the working of the phone, having this can do you more good than bad. This is because its diagnostic mechanism will make sure the system is updated and has no performance-related issues.
That being said if you have been using your phone and suddenly it not only popped up on the screen but is also causing glitches in the phone’s working, you might need to consider removing it.
It happened to me and everything from the camera to the sensor was not responding. Hence, in this case, it is ideal that you think seriously about getting rid of this app to prolong the life of your phone.
2. Can You Safely Uninstall the CQATest App to Free Up the Space?
Well, I would never recommend users uninstall the CQATest app from their phones. This is because it is an in-built system app that is designed by developers to monitor the health of the operational system of the phone.
Hence, uninstalling means compromising the functionality of your system’s hardware elements, like cameras, sensors, fingerprints, microphones, and other such apps.
Instead of this, I would suggest users opt for force-stopping or temporarily removing it. So even though the app is still present at the time, it is not visible to users and they are not bothered by the performance issues caused by this.
That being said, if your intention of uninstalling this app is to free up space, I would say it is a really bad idea and no one should do it.
Pro Guidance: You can also test some other apps like WhatsApp Blue.
How to Remove the CQATest App from your Android Device: Some Tips and Tricks
Now that you know what are the potential issues you may find later because of the presence of this app on your mobile, it is time to get rid of it.
That being said, if it is in your phone and you are not currently facing any issues, I would advise you to not interfere with it, as it is doing you good by sending diagnostic reports to the developers.
However, if this is not the case, there are a number of ways that can help you in bringing back the phone to its normal working stage. For this purpose, follow these steps;
1. Try Force Stopping the App
The first and easiest way to deal with the CQATest app is to force it to stop it. It is absolutely worth a try, given that it doesn’t require any time or struggle to do so.
Although with apps, the first thing you do is to uninstall them but considering that it is an in-built system app, doing this is not worth the deal. Hence, to stop the activity that is causing all the issues in the first place, follow these simple steps;
- First of all, open the settings up from your phone and go to the Apps option.
- From here, go to the Show System Apps settings and probably, and you will be able to see the CQATest app in the list. Now that you have located the app, it is time to tap on it.
- Here, you will see an option of Force Stop and all you have to do is press this button.
- Finally, you are all set and this app would not be bothering you with glitches and unnecessary bugs.
- That being said, it means that although the app is visible on this page, its activity is hindered in the first place, so you don’t have to worry about it anymore.
2. Clear the Cache
One of the most effective steps I came up with is to clear the cache. It works every time and there is no doubt about it. I really like it because it is quite easy and doesn’t take any time.
So, if you have tried force-stopping and didn’t get desired results, you can always try this. Here are some simple steps that can help you in clearing down the Cache data;
- To start off with the process, go to the ‘settings’ option and open the app section.
- Here, you will see a list of all the apps that are downloaded on your phone. From the side three buttons, you have to open the Show System Apps, and probably, the CQATest option will be visible.
- Now that you have located the app, open the info page, and from there, choose the “storage” option.
- Once you are on this page, go to the Clear Cache option. It will be at the bottom. After this, the app would be deleted and you won’t be bothered by glitches and hindered phone performance.
3. Remove the Cache Partition
Similarly, if you are constantly bothered by glitches and unnecessary bugs because of the CQATest app, you can try wiping away the cache partition from the system. This step is quite similar to the recovery mode and you need to follow some really simple steps. So, dive right in to know more;
- The first thing you need to do is connect your phone to any computer or laptop, with the help of a charging cable or a USB.
- Now, you are required to power off the smartphone.
- Once you are done, press the volume key and continue pressing it. With this, use the other hand to press the power button and keep pressing it until you see a boot menu on the screen.
- After this, use the volume buttons and choose the Cache partition option. Using this, wipe the data.
- Following this, it is time to press the power button again and it is all done and dusted. Now, you won’t be bothered by the constant glitches and stuck-up phones.
4. Try Factory Resetting your Phone Using the Recovery Mode
Another way you can remove this CQATest app from your mobile is to factory reset it. This is usually the last resort as there is a risk of losing all your device data, once it is reset.
So, if you have decided to go for this, make sure to back up the data to prevent any mishaps. Finally, to do this, you need to follow these simple steps;
- First of all, make sure your phone is switched off before you start the factory reset process.
- Once you are done, press the volume key and keep pressing up.
- While you are pressing it, with another hand, press the power key until you see a boot screen popping up on the screen.
- After this, you can utilize the volume keys to navigate through the menu.
- Now that you know what you are doing, use the power key to select the “Recovery Mode” option.
- This will automatically boot the device and wipe away the data. It will take some time to restart the device. Once you are done, you can set up your phone setup.
In the end, the idea of apps like CQATest is to make sure the phone is working fine. It works on a diagnostic mechanism that tests your Android and checks whether it is updated operationally.
It was originally designed by the developers to maintain the health of the hardware elements of the phone.
However, due to some recent events, there have been problems with the app where it will suddenly show up and will end up providing you with unnecessary bugs and interrupted hardware functioning.
People Also Ask
Is CQATest App dangerous?
No, the CQATest app is not dangerous at all. On the contrary, this app is designed to help developers maintain the operational performance of the phone. There is a large misconception among users that this is a virus that can interrupt the working of your phone, it is certainly not true.
Although in some recent cases, you will find some issues in the hardware like an unresponsive camera, stuck lock screen, interrupted mic, and much more. However, it is solvable and all you need to do is follow some simple steps.
Are there hidden apps disguised on Android?
There are a number of hidden apps on Android, which are designed by the developers to make sure the hardware and operation of the phone are working just fine. If you want to find them, it is quite easy and all you need to do is navigate through the home screen setting.
Here, you will see an option for the hide app menu where you will find all the hidden apps that are otherwise invisible. On the contrary, if you see no apps on the device, it means there are no hidden apps present.
What is the CQATest application?
To make it understandable for users, the CQATest app can be defined as the in-built app that is pre-installed on your phone. It stands for Certified Quality Auditory and it provides your phone access to the creator.
In simple words, it is designed by developers to make sure that the operational status of the phone is fine. It further does a proper diagnosis of the hardware apps and will make sure everything is working smoothly. The sole purpose of this app is to make sure the Android is functioning properly.
Can you uninstall the CQATest app?
It is not a matter of “can” but rather “should”. Hence, to everyone in their normal senses, I would not advise uninstalling this app. The foremost reason for this is its diagnostic nature. This app is pre-installed in the system of the phone and it makes sure that the operation of the phone is updated.
Instead of this, you should look for options like force-stopping it or clearing the cache. If you have tried everything and still haven’t reached the requirements, do consider factory resetting the phone.
Should you remove the CQATest app from your smartphone?
There is no simple answer to this question and it all comes down to the working of this app on your phone. For instance, if you do not have this app visible on the settings panel and it has not bothered you with unnecessary bugs and glitches, there is absolutely no need to remove it.
This is because it will make sure the operating system of the mobile is working fine. However, if you notice this app suddenly on the phone and issues with either camera, mic, or even sensor, you should consider removing it.
Should I do a factory reset on my phone?
Well, it is absolutely the last option and you shouldn’t try it before doing other methods. That being said, if you have tried force-stopping and clearing the cache and still haven’t been able to deal with the unnecessary bugs, it is time to factory reset the phone.
If you have planned to do this, a simple yet useful tip would be to save the data before backup. This is because resetting the phone will delete everything from your phone and you will have to set up the entire thing from scratch.
How do I get rid of the CQA test?
To remove the CQA test app from your Android device, follow these steps:
- Go to the settings menu on your phone by clicking on the settings icon.
- Once in the settings menu, navigate to the “Apps” or “Application Manager” section.
- In the “Apps” section, you may need to enable the option to “Show system processes” to be able to locate the CQA test app.
- Once you have found the CQA test app, select it and choose the option to “force stop” or “uninstall” the app.
Please note that some apps may require you to grant additional permissions or take other steps to fully remove them from your device. If you experience difficulty in removing the app, please consult your device’s user manual or contact the device manufacturer for further assistance.
Finally, I hope this guide helped all the users in understanding the working of the CQATest app and how it can end up in your Android. But, if you have any issue you can contact Hannah (Author).